Sunday, March 11, 2012

Cafe Racer Magazine

Cafe Racer Mag
Here's one of my favorite motorcycle magazines, Cafe Racer.

I fell in love with cafe racers when I was a kid... still love those old vintage Triumphs, Nortons, Beezers with their clip-ons and solo saddles. I once had the opportunity to ride a borrowed Yamaha RD350-based cafe racer up and down the twisty backroads above Silicon Valley back in the Seventies... that was a hoot, but I still favored the Brit Bikes.

Well, I gotta say, however that this Yamaha Virago-based cafe racer featured on the cover of the latest edition is awesome. It was created by Greg Hageman at his Docs Chops shop in Tampa, FL, though Greg has announced that he's heading back to his native Iowa next year. Take a look at his work, he's got a great talent for making beautiful cafe racers out of the most unlikely bikes, like this Virago here.

Cafe Racer also has Cafe Racer TV on the Discovery Velocity Network. They recently interviewed cafe racer fan Billy Joel.

Update: We just posted about another favorite bike mag you might like, Cycle Source.

        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics